About HyperCard ( was Re: [squeak-dev] Getting rid of coloured code)

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:39:08 UTC 2013

On 28 February 2013 17:55, David Corking <lists at dcorking.com> wrote:
> I am having too much fun with that image and Morph - thanks Casey and
> Hannes (and Ted of course)
>
>> I bet that's exactly it; I think the image is based on an early 3x which is
>> well before you introduced closure semantics to the existing
>> not-quite-closure blocks.
>
> It is based on a 2007 OLPC image. If I am not mistaken, that is the
> image that became Etoys 3.0
>
> I think it isn't quite the Moshi image that the demo card stack was
> intended for, but it mostly works well in an interpreter VM.
>
> Ideally the image would have a parts bin containing back and forward
> buttons, but I was able to copy ThreePhaseButtonMorphs from another
> substack to make my own stack.
>
> I love the script browser, and the reusable message list browser
> (which reminds me of Amber and Newspeak browsers). (Are there any
> reusable browsers in Squeak 4.4 ?) I also love the cmd-f cmd-g search
> through the text in the stack.

What does "reusable" mean here? If you mean that navigating to
something doesn't spawn a whole new window, then we _sometimes_ have
reusable browsers. For instance, in a Browser, selecting a class name
and pressing <alt>-<shift>-b will, within the same Browser, jump to
the new class. There are some ways of doing something similar with
MessageLists, but I forget how to trigger the behaviour. I _think_
it's when you view the senders of some message in the currently viewed
method, you get the senders spliced into the viewed list, indented a
bit.

frank