[squeak-dev] Running process after image save/stop/restart

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Thu Feb 28 22:33:57 UTC 2013

Hi Lou,

See:

SmalltalkImage >> snapshot: save andQuit: quit embedded: embeddedFlag

What you are looking for is #startUp.

Register your class with:

               Smalltalk addToStartUpList: self

Or:

               Smalltalk addToStartUpList: self after: CPlatform.  "this is
an example, but if you have a particular order this is useful"

You can remove your class with:

               Smalltalk removeFromStartUpList: self.

Then you just need to implement the #startUp method on your class to handle
refreshing the date.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering

3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting

ron at 3dicc.com

Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum <https://twitter.com/RonTeitelbaum>

www.3dicc.com <http://www.3dicc.com/>

3d ICC on G+
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/108936249366287171125/108936249366287171125/p
osts>

any

> point in particular?

> If the saved image is started, is there any way the process can tell?

> I'm running a process that keeps running for a look time.  It loops with a
delay

> and in the loop gets the date and time.  If the date and time were
obtained just

> before the save, they would be old at the time of the image restart and
need to

<http://www.Keystone-Software.com> http://www.Keystone-Software.com