[squeak-dev] Mine-able ideas?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jan 2 22:42:25 UTC 2013

On 02-01-2013, at 2:17 PM, Colin Putney <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:

> Which is not to say that it's a bad idea. I'd love to create a huge database of, say, the update stream going back to the beginning, or the entire contents of squeaksource. But... then what?

Well, if only the sensible compiled method format had been adopted so that source references could be proper objects rather than hacked-up numbers, then you could have source kept in a proper database. Like, say, dabble. Or a dabble-ish thing that kept recent-ish stuff local and could refer back to a server for ancient history. Find all versions of a method back to the beginning of time. Find out about classes being renamed or deleted.

tim
Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?