[squeak-dev] continuous display of cursor position

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:49:48 UTC 2013

This is a piece of cake with Maui.

1) Install Maui (1.4) or (head) from SqueakMap.
2) Type "ActiveHand maui" (without quotes, of course :) and Do It.
3) Set the "a HandMorph(1234)" box down, press the "c" key on it -- a
browser opens up on HandMorph.
4) Drag the #position  message to the box.
5) On the embedded #position message, press "e" key on edit its settings.
6) In the #repeat: message, click on the "false" object to toggle it to true.
7) In #repeatInterval: box, type 10 and press Enter.

Done (see screenshot).

Maui might be overkill for only this, but you can see you can have a
watch on any message, not just the Hand position.  And there are
benefits of developing with a naked-objects drag-and-drop UI builder
because it forces good "usability" out of API's you design while
providing an easy, codeless way to _operate_ your domain model.  I
really like it.