[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.4 on squeak.org

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 20:00:49 UTC 2013

On 4 January 2013 17:44, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Enrico
>
> The release was somehow low key (hidden between many mails). The image
> and changes files are here
>
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12327.zip
>
> I assume it was not announced yet on the web site because the
> All-In-One package is still missing. An expert in constructing that
> was not yet around (Know-how about the different VMs on Mac, Linux and
> Windows as well how the artifact is constructed is needed; should it
> be Cog? Probably yes.)
>
> But I let Frank comment on this more.

That's pretty much it!

The image is thoroughly tested on the latest Linux VMs (Cog r2640, a
custom-built version of Interpreter 4.7.10), and folks have beaten on
it in Windows 7 and OS X with the same Cog VMs. One of these would be
the best versions to use for the 4.4 all-in-one, I would think.

frank