[squeak-dev] OCompletion package

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 20:04:13 UTC 2013

On 4 January 2013 17:18, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the replies. Chris I read the wiki link you posted and from this
>> it would seem that editing the release would be the way to go, as there are
>> no bugs that I can find, or the need to update any of the packages being
>> loaded.  Frank, you have suggested I create a new package, however.  Can I
>> ask why you suggest a new release?  I am open to going with either approach
>> if we decide to make this a community supported package, but I don't have
>> enough information yet to understand why I would choose one approach or the
>> other.
>
> The advantage of "Create New Release" over "Edit Release" is that
> folks still using Squeak 4.2 will keep their entry for OCompletion.
> Although the web interface can be used to tag compatibility with
> multiple versions, I'm starting to think "Create New Release" is
> probably the best way to go..

What Chris said. Editing the release means that folks using 4.2 have
the meaning of "this version on this image" changed under their feet.
Now if (and only if) the code needs no changing, I'd say edit the
release to show that it's for both 4.2 and 4.4. But the Release Editor
doesn't let you do that at the moment, at least AFAIK.

frank