[squeak-dev] ScriptManager that works in Squeak4.4-12327

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 09:44:28 UTC 2013

On 7 January 2013 02:44, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:
> I've uploaded a version of ScriptManager that works in Squeak4.4-12327, to ss3 at <http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/ScriptManager.html>.
> It was forked from the one at <http://www.squeaksource.com/ScriptManager.html>around version 13 just before they switched to using Fuel for serialization. I added syntax highlighting for the workspaces.
>
> Installer ss3
>      project: 'ScriptManager';
>      install: 'ScriptManager-Core-kgb.14';
>      install: 'ScriptManager-Help-kgb.2'.
>
> ScriptManager open.
>
> I would like to add this to SqueakMap if someone could quickstep me through the process.

* Get a SqueakMap account if you don't already have one:
http://map.squeak.org/newaccount
* Once logged in, add the package: http://map.squeak.org/account/newpackage
* Fill in the metadata.
* In your image, open the SqueakMap Catalog
* Update the SM list
* "Right-click" in the package list
* Uncheck the "New safely-available packages" checkbox
* You should now be able to search for your package.
* Select the package, "right-click", "Create new Release". That gives
you an SMReleaseBrowser.
* The lower code pane will take the Installer script you give above.
I'd leave out the "ScriptManager open" though, but mention it in the
release notes or the package's description.
* Each of the release browser's fields have hot-tip speech bubbles
explaining the different fields. They're all required, as far as I
know.

And that should be it!

frank