[squeak-dev] Old browser experiments revisited

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 20:31:22 UTC 2013

Hello

On 1/7/13, Colin Putney <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com> wrote:
>

>> I don't like how much lawyers are involved, but the MIT license _was_
>> invented to satisfy the lawyers and make it possible to give your
>> software
>> away...
>

> If even the MIT license is too much, an alternative is to just put it in
> the public domain.
>
> Colin

When reading what Bob Arning wrote 3 days ago I think that Public
Domain is what he has in mind though he does not call it that way.

Bob says he does not want to see his name attached to it together with
a copyright notice. He allows to make any kind of use of it.

Bob, is 'Public domain' OK for you?

Having the 'license' (= in this case 'Public domain') sorted out will
allow us to reuse the code and port it in many ways.

Thank you Bob for your understanding, I hope,  on the insistence of
what might seem  'unnecessary details' for you.

--Hannes

Ref:
http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
http://creativecommons.org/about/cc0