[squeak-dev] Squeak laptop advice

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 17:05:09 UTC 2013

Hi Göran!  Aren't the Lenovo's fantastic?  So, I just bought my 4th
ThinkPad last year (2012) the T520 -- because I noticed that Lenovo is
slowly cannibalizing themselves by "following" Apple with their new
chiclet keyboard in all of the "30" models (X230, T530, etc.).  The
"20" models are the last of the ones with the "classic" keyboard, and
I had to get one last one before they were gone forever!

The other aspect to the Lenovo's which makes them the no-brainer for
me is their *input* capability -- the Synaptics touch pad and
trackpoint are simply unmatched -- even by Apple, in terms of speed
and responsiveness.  The nubbin allows hands to be colocated with the
mouse, so that click-for-focus can be turned off!  (I leave it off
anyway even with a regular mouse).  I assume you found how to adjust
the sensitivity of the nubbin?!  It's WAY too slow in Ubuntu by
default.

Anyway, great choice.  So you didn't get the touch-screen X220?  :)