[squeak-dev] All-in-ones

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:26:47 UTC 2013

On 1/9/13, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> On 09-01-2013, at 11:52 AM, "Ken G. Brown" <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:
>> Concentrating on making sure the downloads for separate platforms have the
>> Readmes, image, changes, sources and VM, and being a pleasant first
>> experience is important however.
>

> I pretty much agree with not bothering with an 'all-in-one' at least in part
> because it isn't really ever going to be an *all* in one. I won't argue that
> Windows & Mac  don't constitute a very large fraction of the potential
> audience but they're certainly not not all of it.

-1

I like the All-In-One. I can easily move the All-In-one folder from a
Windows machine to a Linux machine and continue my work there. I do
this often. No installation, neither on Windows nor on Linux. Very
convenient.

And I wonder what is difficult about recreating an already existing
artifact (=a collection of files plus a configuration file) for Squeak
4.3 with newer versions of everything for Squeak 4.4

What kind of know-how is missing at the moment to do that?

Here is a model
http://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo%202.0/job/Pharo-2.0/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Pharo-2.0-one-click.zip

Can't we copy the build script?

--Hannes