[squeak-dev] ScriptManager that works in Squeak4.4-12327

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:04:48 UTC 2013

> Apparently tho, the SqueakMap User id you enter in the Release Editor, 'must' be your initials and not your full email as works on the web interface to sign on.
> And the download url needs to be entered on the web interface. I thought this would be populated by the installer file that is supposed to be created. Since the ScriptManager package has two mcz files, I just put the directory where they are located in that Download url field, and not the file name. Perhaps this is still a problem. What does this field need to be? How do you handle two file downloads?

If you have just plain mcz's, they should be put on some SCM
repository somewhere -- SS, SS3, SmalltalkHub, Git, etc.  Then SM just
records the Installer script which knows where to go get them.

> But now after everything apparently posted correctly, when i test the loading in a fresh image, it complains that there is no installer file available for the (head) release. Where is the installer file supposed to be located? I thought SqueakMap would look after putting it somewhere proper.

When you save your Installer script in the Release Editor, it puts
that script as a .st file under your account in SqueakMap.

Try looking at one of my packages for an example -- MaBase, Maui, or
Magma.  MaBase has no dependencies, the other two do.