[squeak-dev] Re: nk lockdown has a hole on 4.3

glenpaling slp5591 at me.com
Fri Jan 11 15:14:36 UTC 2013

glenpaling wrote
> You might try disabling the generalizedYellowButtonMenu in the Morphic
> preferences. That enables the personal menu which you can edit.
> Jim Rosenberg wrote
>> I'm a user of Ned Konz's lockdown package to achieve what I would call
>> "Kiosk mode": complete disabling of everything in the Squeak UI except
>> for
>> what is allowed by "my" morphs. This works fine under 3.8. Today I tried
>> it
>> on 4.3. It mostly works -- no world menu, halos don't come up, but on
>> Linux
>> when I right-click (I forget which color button that is, I never did
>> learn
>> Squeak mouse button colors ...) this menu *does* come up. For the World
>> this allows showing the docking bar, and from there you can get all kinds
>> of things. So this is a hole.
>>
>> Has anyone run into this? Is there a fix?
>>
>> Ned, you out there? [Trying Bcc ...]
>>
>> -Thanks in advance, Jim
> In the Preference Browser, try disabling the morphic preference
> "generalizedYellowButtonMenu". This enables the personal menu which you
> can easily edit.

I tried this on OSX. With the generalizedYellowButtonMenu disabled. I filed
in Ned's lockdown code. Then, following Ned's instructions, I invoked the
"lock image down" from the personal yellow button menu and saved as a new
image. This image produces no menus from the desktop, left, middle or right
click.