[squeak-dev] Squeak Elections Nominations are needed before Monday 28th of January 3PM (20.00 UTC)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jan 14 19:11:40 UTC 2013

OK, so after several people have asked me, yes, I'll stand for the board.

Most of you already know me; for those that don't - I've been Smalltalking since 1984, developing VMs since 1986, developing Squeak since 1996. I'm old, cranky, reasonably smart, know where most of the bodies are buried (because I buried a lot of them), and in favour of simplicity where possible and brute force everywhere else. I have a long history with ARM cpus and RISC OS, which is why I'm currently working to get Squeak back up to date on the Raspberry Pi platform.

tim
PS I also need a source of money. Aside from various sorts of engineering and design I have quite a bit of experience in technical intelligence analysis for patent disputes and govt. work.

Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.