[squeak-dev] In Memory of Andreas Raab

Juan Vuletich (mail lists) juanlists at jvuletich.org
Tue Jan 15 14:37:36 UTC 2013

This is so sad. Andreas was young and full of energy. He should have had the chance to live many more years!

Andreas was an extraordinay coder. When Alan told me of the about to be released Tweak project (this was in 2003), he said "Andreas is amazing. There's nothing he can not do!"

He wrote a lot of the code we use everyday. His code is always fast and efficient. I think he had the lowest rate of bugs I've ever seen.

When having technical arguments (he didn't refuse to have them), he never got emotional, and he really knew how to argue on actual facts. He was almost always right too. I have learnt a  lot from him. Andreas was one of the very few people whose messages in squeak-dev I always read, no matter the subject. His opinion on any subject is important to me.

He was also nice and friendly. He always answered questions and helped me and others when dealing with stuff that he knew better. There was always a lot of stuff he knew better! And he always welcomed contributions from others.

Andreas had a big and positive impact in our lives. I will not forget him.

Juan Vuletich