[squeak-dev] Trunk test failures on OS X

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jan 18 01:03:02 UTC 2013

On 17-01-2013, at 2:26 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
> The major issue, if it is actually an issue, is that we use Jenkins,
> which necessitates running Java on the device. It might be possible to
> write a special kind of Jenkins slave that instead of doing anything
> itself, sshed commands to another slave on the RISC OS machine, if
> running Java on such a device is untenable.

Well there's no current version of java for RISC OS; something that is generally a Good Thing, if a touch ironic given that the CPU has built-in java bytecode support. Can jenkins be persuaded to output a human readable list of things to do? Does it simply automate fetching a load of files, compiling and then storing the results?

>> Since the raspberryPi costs a whole $35 I imagine the smart thing to do would be to find a way to get one setup at your place.
>
> Mine's currently broken, somehow. Both video and (more importantly)
> network have stopped working. I should perhaps buy another one, you're
> quite right! (But my own bias is towards running a unix on it.)

Taking it into the bath with you was probably a mistake. It's not a Rubber Ducky, y'know.

tim
Hackers have kernel knowledge.