[squeak-dev] Re: Newly created Wikipedia article on Andreas Raab is

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Fri Jan 18 17:06:57 UTC 2013

Hi Joe,

It was certainly frustrating to have everything deleted on my first attempt.
Some of it for reasons that were clearly false.  One editor wrote, "don't
just write up everything. perhaps you missed some practica he did while in
High School".  I had one reference removed with a comment that said
"Japanese source, come on" even though there was an English translation at
the bottom.  Even if there wasn't I can't believe an editor would not take a
foreign language reference.  Reminds me of the quote from Steve Martin,  "I
feel sorry for the French, they have a different word for EVERYTHING"

I also had a reference deleted with a comment that the article didn't
mention Andreas.  A quick Ctrl-F is all it would have taken to find the
reference.  It's not like it was buried, it was in the first screen worth of
text!

I'm happy that that the page seems to have passed muster.  It is clean of
objections now.

Again thank you everyone that helped edit the article!

Ron Teitelbaum