[squeak-dev] AL2.0 - authentication

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:05:18 UTC 2013

So, near as I can figure it, auth in AL2.0 works something like this [1].

I was wondering what was happening to the Relays. They were disappearing.
It seems to me that they are added to an ALApplication with #addFactory:.

The nifty part looks to be that relays are activated by Notifications.
The Relay contacts the cache of passwords by means of a Notification. If
the username/password passes, then the flow of the program is not
blocked, and it proceeds to ALTerminalRelay. No?

An authentication addition to AL-Examples-Simple would be great.

Chris

[1]

cache := ALMemoryAuthenticator new.
cache register: 1 username: 'griffle' password: 'plonk'.
cache

authRelay := ALAuthenticationRelay destination: foo
                     authenticator: cache
                     shunt: footwo

app := ALExampleApplication new.
app addFactory: authRelay.