[squeak-dev] Re: browsing method speed

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:44:21 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:

> How do we make that single copy thread-safe?

IMO the only context in which its really important that source access is
thread-safe is the debugger; one is debugging source access and the
Debugger is fetching source from methods as one is debugging, hence
screwing up the source access one is debugging.  So what if the Debugger
took care to save the readOnlyCopy's position around each source fetch and
restored it?  Wouldn't that be good enough and allow one to get away
without making it thread-safe?

--
best,
Eliot