[squeak-dev] Chris Muller is running for the 2013 board

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:47:06 UTC 2013

Even though he was not involved on a frequent basis for the last
couple of years, Andreas was always "there".  Now, Squeak /feels/
different, but this loss has reminded me I should pursue my dreams as
best I can for as long as I can.  Working in this community is a great
privilege.

We have unfinished business.  The image and VM have come a long way
since 3.9, but the image is still too big, Morphic too complex,
Monticello too unscalable and unsocial.  This community likes to do
things in a deliberate and patient manner, and that serves us well.
The great efforts from Craig, Colin, Frank, Chris, Eliot, Dale and
others are propelling Squeak toward the significant transition we've
been patiently working toward for years.  Something big is going to
happen.

I want to stay involved, watch it happen, and help wherever I can.
I've decided to run again.