[squeak-dev] Re: [GS/SS Beta] iCal port to Magritte3

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed Jan 23 05:07:40 UTC 2013

On 22/01/13 11:31 PM, Paul DeBruicker wrote:

> My mistake.  StafferDateAndTime class is my subclass of the Chronos
> class Timepoint.  Those references can be replaced with 'self
> dateAndTimeClass' sends.

I tried creating StafferDateAndTime as a subclass of DateAndTime, but
there were still problems. Right now I've gone back to iCal-pmm.74.mcz,
which does not have your extra iCal features. With fewer failing tests,
I'm working through them - on Pharo-1.4.

I think the problems are due to how the local timezone offset is being
handled. Once I get a handle on what's going on, I'll try with your
later versions.

> I removed the offending references and put the corrected version and the
> missing version if ICalChronos up on Squeaksource.   The
> ConfigurationOfICal should work on both Pharo and Squeak.  I have not
> tested it in Gemstone.  Or were you referring to a different
> ConfigurationOf?

I'm using the ConfigurationOf that's in the ical squeaksource repo. I'm
not sure whether Chronos is supposed to work on Pharo. Anyway, if it's
optional for iCal, then I don't need it. However, I suspect some of your
extra iCal features may be dependent on Chronos though.