[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Monticello-bf.532.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jan 25 00:12:14 UTC 2013

On 25.01.2013, at 00:06, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg uploaded a new version of Monticello to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Monticello-bf.532.mcz

> Name: Monticello-bf.532
> Author: bf
> Time: 24 January 2013, 4:05:51.496 pm
> UUID: 71bddd0f-d5ac-488b-a8e1-729f2a06474e
> Ancestors: Monticello-bf.531
>
> Save dialog now shows a list of changes to be submitted. Clicking a list item shows a diff in the lower pane. Advanced users can also make this save ignore individual changes using the item's context menu.

Please try this to see if you like it better than the current save dialog. I've been using it for a few days and it seemed to work fine. In my workflow I always press the "changes" button before saving anyway, so this saves time. Plus being able to commit even a "dirty" package is something I had wanted for a while.

One change in behavior is that the package snapshot is already taken when pressing the save button, not after accepting the version name dialog.

- Bert -