[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Multilingual-fbs.157.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:32:39 UTC 2013

On 25 January 2013 13:23, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 12:04:44PM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:
>> On 1 January 2013 21:48,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
>> > A new version of Multilingual was added to project The Inbox:
>> > http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Multilingual-fbs.157.mcz
>> >
>> > ==================== Summary ====================
>> >
>> > Name: Multilingual-fbs.157
>> > Author: fbs
>> > Time: 1 January 2013, 9:48:03.594 pm
>> > UUID: 4241eb6e-9f45-4b21-b94e-430a14e505d2
>> > Ancestors: Multilingual-ul.156
>> >
>> > Lars' fix for Mantis report #7709: Image Segments can't be written to file anymore.
>> >
>> > =============== Diff against Multilingual-ul.156 ===============
>> >
>> > Item was changed:
>> >   SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Multilingual-Display'!
>> > - SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Multilingual-Editor'!
>> >   SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Multilingual-Encodings'!
>> >   SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Multilingual-ImmPlugin'!
>> >   SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Multilingual-Languages'!
>> >   SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Multilingual-Scanning'!
>> >   SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Multilingual-TextConversion'!
>> >
>> > Item was changed:
>> >   ----- Method: MultiByteFileStream>>nextPutAll: (in category 'public') -----
>> >   nextPutAll: aCollection
>> >
>> >         (self isBinary or: [aCollection class == ByteArray]) ifTrue: [
>> >                 ^ super nextPutAll: aCollection.
>> >         ].
>> > +       aCollection class == WordArrayForSegment ifTrue: [
>> > +               ^ super nextPutAll: (Bitmap withAll: aCollection) asByteArray
>> > +       ].
>> >         ^converter nextPutAll: aCollection toStream: self!
>>
>> May I assume that no comments on this means that it passes muster?
>>

> I cannot comment on the change itself, but given that it has a Mantis
> issue to explain the problem, and also that you provided tests, I would
> say yes please put it into trunk.
>
> Dave

OK. It's been a while since I've done this. I _think_ I need to
* merge Tests-fbs.177 into an updated Trunk
* save that to Trunk
* copy Tests-fbs.177 to Trunk (to preserve history).

Otherwise I could just fileout the change and filein it back into an
updated Trunk, but that seems like more work.

frank