[squeak-dev] Re: Calendar Chooser

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Fri Jan 25 16:44:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Jon Hylands wrote:
> I've definitely made changes since then. My current implementation of #date:
> looks like this:
>
> date: aDate
<snip>
>     self triggerEvent: #dateChanged.
>     self changed: #dateChanged
>
> So the event stuff got added after I posted that to the list.
>
> If someone can walk me through it or point me to a page that describes how
> to do it, I can update the inbox with my current code.

I pushed a test for that event into the inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/MorphicTests-dcorking.21.mcz

#testShouldSendDateChangedEvent should fail until you (Jon) push your
code. There is no hurry for that. (I have committed your change
locally, and I could push that if you wish.)

Have fun! David

p.s. My commit includes an empty test:
#testShouldNotSendDateChangedWhenUnchanged as an 'expectedFailure'
(green) to document that the event is sent whenever #date: is sent,
even when the date remains the same.