[squeak-dev] Re: Latest OmniBrowser install script missing?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:03:25 UTC 2013

On 28 January 2013 18:53, Colin Putney <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> http://map.squeak.org/package/81451b19-7df8-4fc7-8652-b26cc55dd291/autoversion/9
>> references http://www.wiresong.ca/static/releases/OBInstaller-cwp.11.st
>> which 404s.
>

> Whoa. That's ancient. A beta of the first OB from 2005.  I'm not even sure I
> have that lying around anymore.
>

>> Does the latest OmniBrowser load cleanly into 4.4/4.5? (I'd check
>> myself, but I'm not in a position to right now.)
>

> It does, and it works. But it has dependencies. Raymond was missing
> OCompletion.

OK, cool. That's good news. The solution then is twofold:

* in the next release, strip out the current broken/missing
OmniBrowser load script and replace it with the sm-using one I
mentioned upthread, and
* make a new OmniBrowser SM release for 4.4/4.5

I've added the first step to the 4.5 release program.

frank