[squeak-dev] New location for OSProcess?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 02:41:22 UTC 2013

>> I noticed OSProcess is not on Smalltalkhub or ss3 and still changes regularly.
>> As Squeaksource is going static in 10 days or so, I wondered where it is going to move
>> to?
>>

> I've never been one to rush into a decision unnecessarily ;-)

I like your style.

> I think that Bert had mentioned some time ago that there had been earlier
> discussion of just moving SqueakSource over to the squeak.org servers and
> keeping it going there. From my point of view this might be simpler than
> copying all those projects around and updating various loader scripts.
> Anyone else think this might be a good thing to do?

The priority behind that idea is preservation.  There is a lot of code
on SS that should not be lost.

In case the stability problem would be too problematic, it was also
suggested it would be a read-only copy.

Currently SS still accepts new versions of existing projects, is that
the capability Stephan is saying will stop in 10 days?