[squeak-dev] Re: SS3 canary question

Dale K. Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Sat Jul 6 18:27:25 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Tobias,

I recommend that you at least start with installGemstone.sh[1] ... the script downloads and installs a given version of GemStone, makes sure that the os is configured correctly for GemStone (shared memory and semaphores) and sets up glass/seaside extent so it's ready to run:

installGemstone.sh 3.1.0.4
source /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/defSeaside
startGemStone
topaz -l -T50000  <<EOF
set user GemStone pass swordfish
set gemstone seaside
run
"Metacello installation script for SS3"
%
commit
logout
EOF
# lauch your seaside gems...

If you have multiple GemStone installations things are a bit more complicated...Setting up the server with lighttpd/nginx/apache/daemontools/monit/cron/etc. also adds a bit more complexity ...

When we moved ss3.gemstone.com to ss3.gemtalksystems.com, I kept track of everything I did and I centralized all of the configuration files under git control for easy management and the intent to eventually share the formula but I could make them available to you as a template for getting started ...

Dale

[1] http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/scripts/installGemstone.sh