[squeak-dev] SS3 canary question

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Sat Jul 6 18:56:56 UTC 2013

Am 06.07.2013 um 20:17 schrieb Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what is the exact topic here. Automatic install of canary? I don't know what are the plans.

Stephan asked where I did document my installation
or gave a description thereof. Well, I didn't but:

> I have three sets of scripts
>
> - stone-creator (https://github.com/noha/stone-creator) that prepares a directory that holds all necessary files for gemstone to run. This way you have a clean directory for your app and at the same time you can easily install an arbitrary number of stones in your system
> - gsbuilder (https://github.com/noha/gsbuilder) This is nearly the same as the ones for squeak/pharo. In jenkins it uses the stone-creator scripts to prepare a new installation and install/test your software. That is in place when you look at https://ci.hartl.name/job/squeaksource-gs31/
> - virtual-gemstone (https://github.com/noha/virtual-gemstone). Builds a complete virtualbox based appliance containing gemstone and seaside. At the moment I'm working on it to get it up to date for newest gemstone and seaside.

Norbert, now I owe you a beer, I think :)

The remaining bit is the actual installation of SqueakSource.

MCPlatformSupport commitOnAlmostOutOfMemoryDuring: [
  Gofer project
    load: 'SqueakSource' version: #bleedingEdge group: #('All').
].

(in case something goes wrong, tell me,
so that I can fix the config :)

And for best results, add a Service Gem:
	http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/ServiceVMExample
	http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/ServiceVMExampleRunSeasideGems30Script

Best
	-Tobias