[squeak-dev] MVC debugger fixes

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Jul 10 00:09:33 UTC 2013

I just posted five updates that restore the debugger to operation in MVC
(for the first time since Squeak 3.8 I think). I just did an image update
to confirm that the trunk update stream still works, and all seems to be
well. However, I think there is a risk of problems that may arise for people
updating from earlier images. Just in case anybody has a problem, here
are the specific package updates related to the MVC debugger fixes:

    Tools-fbs.482 -> Tools-dtl.483
    ToolBuilder-Kernel-fbs.56 -> ToolBuilder-Kernel-dtl.57
    System-dtl.560 -> System-dtl.561
    ST80-fbs.146 -> ST80-dtl.147
    Morphic-fbs.664 -> Morphic-dtl.665

There are still some missing implementations in ToolBuilder for MVC that
affect the debugger and some other tools, so that will have to be the
subject of future updates. But having a working debugger is certainly
a step in the right directly.

If anyone asks how long it took me to figure out how to make these changes,
I'm going to shuffle my feet and look in the other direction and pretend
that I did not hear the question ;-)

Dave