[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-fbs.484.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 10:36:50 UTC 2013

On 12 July 2013 21:04, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good riddance.  :)

As mentioned elsewhere, I had to revert this because it's used in
loads of places (like MC, particularly).

FileList2 is perfectly functional, but in terms of its dependencies
it's a bit bonkers. It uses things with unenlightening names like
AlignmentMorphBob1.

It could be redeemed by being rewritten to use ToolBuilder, at which
point I could live with a name like "FileList2". (Because, really, if
it's the replacement that the "2" implies, _replace_ FileList.)

That just needs someone to actually do it! (I claim sanctuary in (a)
trying to make layers in the modules, (b) trying to convert
ArchiveViewer to ToolBuilder and (c) trying to figure out how to model
a table widget to implement (b).

frank