[squeak-dev] Splitting an existing package

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 21:30:24 UTC 2013

I would like to split the Compression package into its two constituent
subpackages, Compression-Archives and Compression-Streams.

Files depends on things in Compression-Archives, and
Compression-Streams depends on Files. If I can split the package and
replace it with the two subpackages, I can untangle this cyclic
dependency.

But how would I actually do this? I've tried making two packages, for
instance. However, the classes still remain in Compression... as you
can see if you try to unload the old Compression package.

frank