[squeak-dev] code file in with syntax errors & undeclareds

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jul 19 17:11:40 UTC 2013

On 19-07-2013, at 9:21 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course this sad state of affairs needs recording in the form of a
> bug report. But without me having actually tried to replicate the
> problem, what happens?

What *appears* to happen is that a chunk with both undeclared names (typically a class that doesn't exist yet) and a syntax error will cause a SyntaxError notifier to pen and when you fix the syntax error and accept the edit all the handling of the undeclared names is ignored(? failed? skipped?).

I'll try to spend a few minutes making some tests and see if it is consistent.

tim
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he pulled Piglet out the mincer.