[squeak-dev] Smalltalk as an Environment

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 20:48:50 UTC 2013

The other thread about SmalltalkImage current etc gave me a though. Well it was probably that and going through "the environment model" in SICP again the other day. Anyway...

Isn't Smalltalk (mostly anyway) a dictionary of bindings? Isn't that a lot like a namespace?

I realize I'm jumping the shark on this one, but something in the back of my brain thinks maybe SystemDictionary should inherit from Environment or something. Of course I know zilch about the implementation of environments, so there's that.