[squeak-dev] Can't browse Traits [was Ancient Mantis Report 1554, compiler and global vs class variables]

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 22:57:07 UTC 2013

AFAIK, Trait were only used to implement Trait (See category
311Deprecated-Traits).
I don't think that simplified Trait introduced by Andreas still uses Trait.

If we have Trait in Image, we should have a minimum tool support.
But even if we don't use Trait, but have one or more instance of Trait in
the image then it should not spoil browsing implementors of #bindingOf:

Then removing Trait is yet another option, but it won't be that easy to
re-introduce them if we ever need them or just want to experiment things.
The idea was more to provide a minimal support for Trait and don't use them
directly in core system.