[squeak-dev] EndOfStream - cruft?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 16:09:07 UTC 2013

What if a system needs to allow nil objects in a Stream of objects and
have it be treated as just another object in the stream rather than
the EOS marker?

So, maybe ReadStream>>#next _should_ be signaling EndOfStream, so the
sender of #next can know the difference in that scenario.  Since the
defaultAction is ^nil, presumably we could simply change #next to do
that with no breakage...