[squeak-dev] Pluggable MethodFinder

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 12:14:38 UTC 2013

Kernel currently depends on Graphics because the MethodFinder
references Color and Point.

I would like to remove this dependency, but to do while while
preserving MethodFinder's near-magical utility, it looks like we'd
need some kind of pluggable extension thing.

In other words, MethodFinder would provide some kind of API such that
Graphics could say "you know MethodFinder, you ought to try these
classes - Color and Point - and these methods - #@ and so on - when
you run."

MethodFinder >> #testRandom, #testTuple and #verify could then walk
these per-package collections of interesting things when it does its
thing.

I would _really really_ appreciate someone (other than me) applying
some grey matter to this problem.

frank