[squeak-dev] SmalltalkImage semi-self-references

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 20:20:24 UTC 2013

+1 for replacing SmalltalkImage current -> Smalltalk, we should have done
that for long.
-1 for classifying SmalltalkImage in Kernel. SmalltalkImage is a reflection
of the System and thus has its place in System.
SmalltalkImage is not absolutely necessary for the core (not like
MethodDictionary, MethodContext, Class, Integer, ...).
What sort of dependency link would this simplify exactly?
+1 for using Smalltalk os -> OSPlatform (Pharo), Smalltalk organizer
etc..., that was my plan B.
I failed to convince Andreas on this one, Once bitten (by former
SmalltalkImage split), twice shy, I guess.

Nicolas