[squeak-dev] Re: Package Hierarchy Map

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 16:28:52 UTC 2013

Damn formatting -- and why can't I use a Tab character in an e-mail?!  Geesh!

Here's the hierarchy which will hopefully not be reformatted by Gmail:

Morphic
(and everything else)
     ST80
          Tools
               System
               Balloon
                    Graphics
                    Multilingual
                         Kernel
                              Collections
                                   Exceptions

And now the responsibility / capabilities descriptions:

Morphic -- UI framework
ST80 -- Not sure about this one.
Tools -- Domain models that describe and operate tool windows.
System -- catch-all for System'y things.
Balloon -- Graphics framework.
Graphics -- Things related to graphical output.
Multilingual -- Things related to internationalization.
Kernel -- Lowest-level things besides collections and error-handling.
Collections -- collections.
Exceptions -- Error-handling things.