[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-fbs.654.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jun 3 10:59:43 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-01, at 00:04, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, both these methods currently pop up dialogs _centred_ in the screen. If we wish to preserve that, then we need to add #inform:at: to UIManager's protocol (and implement it in the various UIManager subclasses).

I'd rather try to avoid using absolute screen positions in the UIManager. If we must, then UIManager should have a method to access the screen dimensions. But it would be better to hand in a reference to the UI object (window, widget, etc) and the dialog would automatically be placed on top of that object, or centered otherwise.

- Bert -