[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-fbs.211.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Jun 3 17:48:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, 3 Jun 2013, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 3 June 2013 18:18, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
>> On Sun, 2 Jun 2013, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>>
>>> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Graphics to project The Trunk:
>>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Graphics-fbs.211.mcz
>>>
>>> ==================== Summary ====================
>>>
>>> Name: Graphics-fbs.211
>>> Author: fbs
>>> Time: 2 June 2013, 7:05:25.648 pm
>>> UUID: 65a2ecea-af2e-42cd-b61e-aece057c0e7b
>>> Ancestors: Graphics-fbs.210
>>>
>>> Form >> #stencil and Pen >> #putDotOfDiameter:at: are only called from
>>> EToys code, so they belong in EToys.
>>

>> I don't see what Form >> #stencil has to do with EToys. It's a general
>> purpose method to create a stencil from a form. :)
>
> They might be general purpose, but they're only used in EToys. But

This is the reason why it was a bad idea to remove random
classes/methods/packages during 3.9. Many methods have no senders in the
base image, and the removed code is not maintained.

> FormCanvas doesn't belong in Graphics, it belongs in Morphic.

FormCanvas is in Morphic-Support (which is AFAIK stuff being used by
Morphic). It's just a higher level tool which helps working with Forms.
>From the packaging POV, I think #stencil should be a in Morphic-Support
rather than in EToys.

Levente