[squeak-dev] Project class >> #makeExistingView:project:projectsToBeDeleted:

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jun 4 23:02:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 01:20:36PM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 4 June 2013 13:06, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> >> Tools has extensions to ParagraphEditor, ScreenController and StringHolderView.
> >>

> > I don't see the dependencies ... what am I missing?
>
> The *Tools method categories cause a dependency from Tools -> ST80
> because Tools requires those classes to exist.
>
> You can track the dependencies through the DependencyBrowser in the
> Apps menu off TheWorldMainDockingBar.

I don't think I trust what the DependencyBrowser is telling us here. The
methods causing dependencies seem to be either methods that have matching
implementations in both Morphic and MVC, or methods that are referenced
from MVC menu picks. I don't think the dependencies are real.

So... I think that MVC remains safely unloadable and reloadable. The next
challenge is to get to the point where we can say the same about Morphic :)

Dave