[squeak-dev] Project class >> #makeExistingView:project:projectsToBeDeleted:

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 06:44:15 UTC 2013

On 5 June 2013 00:02, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 01:20:36PM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:

>> > I don't see the dependencies ... what am I missing?
>>
>> The *Tools method categories cause a dependency from Tools -> ST80
>> because Tools requires those classes to exist.
>>
>> You can track the dependencies through the DependencyBrowser in the
>> Apps menu off TheWorldMainDockingBar.
>
> I don't think I trust what the DependencyBrowser is telling us here. The
> methods causing dependencies seem to be either methods that have matching
> implementations in both Morphic and MVC, or methods that are referenced
> from MVC menu picks. I don't think the dependencies are real.

I disagree. Tools is extending classes in ST80. Were you to unload
ST80, you would rip out part of Tools.

Or put it another way: take an image, unload ST80 and Tools, and then
load Tools. I predict that loading Tools would fail, because it would
say "I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that. I don't know about the
classes ParagraphEditor, ScreenController and StringHolderView."

frank