Diverging version numbers (Re: [squeak-dev] Seaside in Squeak4.4-12770)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Jun 5 11:06:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Frank Shearar wrote:

> I don't understand the version string though - even in 4.5 the update
> number's only #12637.

The cause of the problem is that you removed some packages from the image
used by Jenkins (without bumping the version of the VersionNumber
package, which is used for ensuring monotonity of the Trunk's version
number).
People who are updating older images have those packages, so the version
number is higher.

I think there's no easy solution for this issue, because the original idea
was to make packages unloadable, instead of unloading them and make them
loadable.

Levente