[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-eem.471.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 08:42:40 UTC 2013

On 22 June 2013 00:37, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> This would seem to change the capability that a browser can have the
> same message in the list more than once.

A Brower can't have the same message in the list more than once - that
would imply a duplicate system category, or two classes with the same
name within a message category, or...

> Is this to support some functionality?  Or just a "clean up"?

It's cleanup because I made Browser use Symbols instead of indices a
year or two ago. The use case was that Browsers would lose your place
when things happened, because an integer index has no semantic
meaning. Inserting a new item into the list, or removing same, caused
the Browser to behave oddly.

I can't recall offhand what I did in the MessageSet group of browsers,
but I'm pretty sure they no longer use indices either.

frank