Multitouch (was Re: [squeak-dev] Multiple Hands)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Jun 26 18:38:10 UTC 2013

On 06/26/2013 02:04 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Certainly, you just need to somehow get the events from the VM into the image. If CogDroid could use the same event format then the image code should just work. The current format is based on Apple's, so I'm not sure how simple the mapping would be. If it's not easy, then now might be a good time to create a generic format. All platforms (except Mac OS?) now have support for multi-touch so making it general would be nice.

I haven't looked too far into the Android NDK's event formats, but from
what I can gather they are closely based on the underlying Linux
/dev/input events.

If it were possible on Unix machines to read from /dev/input/* without
blocking when there is no pending data, we'd be more-or-less at the
point where we could avoid VM modifications entirely for Android multitouch.

Tony