[squeak-dev] Running process after image save/stop/restart

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Fri Mar 1 00:59:33 UTC 2013

Hi Lou,

Yes see:

processStartUpList: resuming

               "Send #startUp to each class that needs to run initialization
after a snapshot."

               self send: #startUp: toClassesNamedIn: StartUpList with:
resuming.

If you need to send to instances then have the class side do it.

MyClass class >> startUp: resuming

               "Send startUp to all my instances

               self allInstnaces do: [:a | a startUp: resuming].

Or maybe,

               "send startUp to my default instance"

               Default ifNotNil: [Default startUp: resuming].

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering