[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak 4.4 download link on squeak.org home page?

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 15:48:59 UTC 2013

Bert Freudenberg wrote
> On 2013-03-05, at 06:04, Paul DeBruicker <

> pdebruic@

> > wrote:
>
>> Hi-
>>
>> I understand that there is a new website in development but it would be
>> nice to have 4.4 mentioned on the homepage and linked to one the current
>> website.
>>
>> I made an issue in Mantis here:
>> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7750
>>
>> What can I do to get rid of the link to Squeak 4.3 all-in-one and
>> replace it with one for the Squeak 4.4 all-in-one on the current
>> squeak.org website?
>

> Step 1: make a new Squeak 4.4 all-in-one
> Step 2: upload it somewhere
> Step 3: get someone to try it
> Step 4: get someone to upload it to ftp.squeak.org
> Step 5: get someone to change the download page
>
> - Bert -

OK.  I can do step 1.  Just to make sure I've got it right this is what I
did:

 I put the 4.4 image and changes where the 4.3 image and changes file was.
I did not change the VM (is it the cog or interpreter vm for the
all-in-one?) .  I edited these files to point to the new image:

squeak.sh
Squeak.ini
Content/Info.plist

Also in the Info.plist file I changed all the mentions of 4.3 to 4.4.

I put my preliminary 4.4 all in one here on dropbox:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4460862/Squeak-4.4-All-in-One.zip

Should the VM be updated and if so which VM for each platform and which
plugins?