[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak 4.4 download link on squeak.org home page?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 5 16:05:48 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-05, at 16:48, Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote
>> On 2013-03-05, at 06:04, Paul DeBruicker &lt;
>
>> pdebruic@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>
>>> Hi-
>>>
>>> I understand that there is a new website in development but it would be
>>> nice to have 4.4 mentioned on the homepage and linked to one the current
>>> website.
>>>
>>> I made an issue in Mantis here:
>>> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7750
>>>
>>> What can I do to get rid of the link to Squeak 4.3 all-in-one and
>>> replace it with one for the Squeak 4.4 all-in-one on the current
>>> squeak.org website?
>>

>> Step 1: make a new Squeak 4.4 all-in-one
>> Step 2: upload it somewhere
>> Step 3: get someone to try it
>> Step 4: get someone to upload it to ftp.squeak.org
>> Step 5: get someone to change the download page
>>
>> - Bert -
>

> OK.  I can do step 1.  Just to make sure I've got it right this is what I
> did:
>
> I put the 4.4 image and changes where the 4.3 image and changes file was.
> I did not change the VM (is it the cog or interpreter vm for the
> all-in-one?) .  I edited these files to point to the new image:
>
> squeak.sh
> Squeak.ini
> Content/Info.plist
>
> Also in the Info.plist file I changed all the mentions of 4.3 to 4.4.
>
> I put my preliminary 4.4 all in one here on dropbox:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4460862/Squeak-4.4-All-in-One.zip

Awesome! Works on Mac.

Looks good, except in Info.plist, "org.squeak.SqueakAllInOne41" should be "org.squeak.SqueakAllInOne44" (apparently we forgot that in previous versions).

> Should the VM be updated and if so which VM for each platform and which plugins?

I'd say let's upload this one first, so we finally get the release out of the door.

Then we can discuss newer VMs, please start a new thread about that.

- Bert -