[squeak-dev] All-in-one VM for 4.4?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Mar 5 23:04:55 UTC 2013

On 05-03-2013, at 2:56 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's really tedious to set the icon other than in the build on both Mac and Windows.  Since Teleplace is now OpenTurf there's little point in keeping on branding the Cog VMs as Croquet.  I'll rebrand them with the Cog Squeak icon that (I think) Tim did.  IIRC it's a Squeak icon but with a crenellated border.  BTW, I'm going by memory on these icons.  If anyone has them to hand feel free to email them to me.

Hmm, there are almost certainly tools that can edit the relevant parts but they're going to be of low utility unless they can be scripted. Quite why everybody chose to make that part of developing so annoying I'll never understand. Acorn simply nailed it in 1989 and everyone should have just heaved a sigh of relief and copied it.

I didn't actually - er, so far as I can recall - make a cogged icon but I certainly can if needed.

tim
Useful random insult:- IQ = dx / (1 + dx), where x = age.