[squeak-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [ANN] Minecraft Bindings - Minecraft.zip (0/1)

Bob Arning arning315 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 6 15:06:17 UTC 2013

The pool approach is probably good, but I'm always a little leery of
things stored in different ways and places. Since the system browser,
optimized for looking at classes and methods, is the primary tool for
most of us, I tend to prefer ways to work within that context. Defining
pool variables and then defining methods to return those variables does
seem a bit much, but what about dispensing with the pool variables and
auto-generating methods like:

brownWool

     ^#(35 12)

These methods could be grouped in categories to facilitate browsing for
interesting textures/objects/whatchamacallums. For most of us browsing
for senders is a bit more natural than browsing for references to pool
variables. FWIW.

Cheers,
Bob