[squeak-dev] Re: preliminary Cog 4.4 all-in-one on dropbox

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Mar 7 19:43:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-07, at 20:33, Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote
>> On 2013-03-06, at 20:01, Paul DeBruicker &lt;
>
>> pdebruic@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>
>>> If anyone wants to test it I went ahead and made a preliminary Cog
>>> (version 2697) + 4.4 all-in-one here:
>>>
>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4460862/Squeak-4.4-All-In-One-Cog.zip
>>
>> Doesn't work on Mac because CFBundleExecutable does not match the
>> executable's actual name. And you did not increment CFBundleVersion.
>
> Ah. Ok.  Does the version have to start from 1 or could I make it 44 now and
> then 45 when 4.5 comes out (and 46 when 4.6 etc) ?

No, this is a build version. Nothing to do with the release.

You increment it whenever you build the bundle again - this would have been the second version of the the bundle org.squeak.SqueakAllInOne44.

>> The windows exe's and sundry files are still named 'Croquet'  I didn't
>> know the consequences of renaming them.
>
> There should be no problem renaming them. And we don't need the Console
> version for the all-in-one.
>
> Here is the icon in Mac, Win, and PNG format:
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9643745/SqueakVM-Icons-bf.zip
>
> (these don't look quite right yet, some glow is missing, but as I said I
> need Photoshop for that)
>
> - Bert -
>

> In the 4.3 all in one there are these mac icons:
> SqueakChanges.icns
> SqueakGeneric.icns
> SqueakPlugin.icns
> SqueakScript.icns
> Squeak.icns
> SqueakImage.icns
> SqueakProject.icns
> SqueakSources.icns
>
> Is there any reason to use any of them or should they all be replaced with
> the  SqueakVM.icns  you sent?

This would only replace the VM icon, the others look differently:

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/2170/SqueakMacGold-bf.1.png

> Also - do you know if I need to do anything with the icons for the win or
> linux versions?

The Windows icon needs to be edited into the .exe file with a resource editor. But Eliot is going to take care of that once we chose an icon.

The Linux icon (png) would be used only for a squeak.desktop file, which we currently don't ship.

- Bert -